Rey Bango just told me some crazy fantastic news. jQuery v.1.1.3 was just released and is now 800% faster than its predecessor. And, through some black magic voodoo, they have managed to keep the file size at around 20K. According to Rey's site, here are some of the key features (I have removed a few of the less relevant):
- Increased selector speed by 800% without increasing the size of the library (still 20kb).
- Added a ton of new selectors.
- Improved the performance of our animations
- Revamped and overhauled event system
- jQuery UI - Our new initiative to build a whole new Drag & Drop library from the ground up with speed and extensibility taken into consideration