A few days ago, I was shocked to see my very own ColdFusion blog entries being aggregated on Full As A Goog. This has never happened to me before and was very exciting. It seems though that I am no longer being aggregated :( It hasn't picked up any of posts in the last two days.
Now, I didn't want this to take a bad turn, but I want to get some things off my chest about Full As A Goog. I read it every day cause it has great blog posts. But, the site is just not very good. Here are my complaints:
- The order of the posts seems to change. I could be completely out of my mind, but it seems as though I will refresh the page and new web log entries have not only been added to the top of the list, but mixed in throughout the existing list as well. Could I possibly be imagining this??? This makes finding the entires that I have not read very frustrating! I have to always scroll down and up to see if I missed anything. But my apologies if this is just my brain playing tricks on me.
- It doesn't seem to update very often. Isn't the whole point of an RSS feed that it's like updates in real time? Why does it seem to be like a day behind on most posts? Maybe that's a time-zone issue?
- The links don't open up in new windows. When I go to click the headlines, the main page follows the link. This is a horrible idea as I never want to LOSE the feed aggregator, I just want to check out a particular post. All of these links should open in new windows.
- I have contacted Full As A Goog several times and I have NEVER gotten any kind of response. That is just plain rude.
- They never contacted me about aggregating my feed. Shouldn't they have at least let me know this was happening? Seems odd.
All day long I have Full As A Goog open and Feed Squirrel open and I have to say, I find Feed Squirrel to be a much better site. Plus, Feed Squirrel provides a link that you can Ping once you have made a blog update. Feed Squirrel keeps it up to date man! Good work Neil!