Iteration 1 Overview
Loose Project Specifications
The first step to the Skin Spider project is to outline what the application needs to accomplish. Let's start with some very simple key features that pop to mind:
- First and foremost, it will be a ColdFusion application. ColdFusion is an amazing development environment and happens to be the language in which I want to keep growing and learning.
- It will store data in flat files. This will force us to encapsulate the way we handle data manipulation and access.
- It is meant to be run on a personal computer. You do NOT want to be downloading adult content to a live server (that just seems unprofessional, and that's not my style).
- The application will be given thumbnail sites to spider for links to free video pages. It will then download files of a given extension to a local folder.
- The downloaded files will be hooked into the application data.
- The user will be able to search through downloaded video files.
- The user will be able to tag video files for categorization (ex. Blondes, BBW, Amateur).
- The user will be able to star video files as being "favorite".
- The user will be able to add descriptions to the video file. These descriptions will also be searchable.
- The user will be able to delete files.
- The user will be able to block the spidering of certain domains (ex. who wants to download stuff from www.chicks-who-like-poop.com, that's just nasty).
- Spidering of sites will take place while the application is being run. There are no scheduled tasks for this application. Let's keep it simple at first. I am thinking a pop-up window that is constanly refreshing itself (but that will come later).
Ok, so there we have the general idea of what we are trying to accomplish. Now, let's move onto the responsibilities to get an idea of what we need to start building.