- Southwest Minnesota State University
- None provided
- Web Designer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Marshall, Minnesota, United States, 56258
WEB DESIGNER (Information Officer 3) - vacancy at Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN. Full-time position, $42,407 - $62,202/year. The Web Designer is charged with being a part of a team that manages the Southwest Minnesota State University official public website, www.smsu.edu. The designer is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to use the website to convey the institutions key messages to various audiences. The Web Designer develops and implements effective website features that serve the needs of prospective students and their families, current students, faculty and staff, business and community leaders, the media and other key audiences. This includes developing concepts and procedures for continuous improvement of the site; generating written and graphic content for the site; implementing design templates accurately and consistently; ensuring usability, functionality and ease of navigation; keeping information on the site accurate and up-to-date, ensuring that the site presents a positive image and conveys key messages about Southwest Minnesota State University.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job)
- Bachelor¯s degree in web design, computer science, digital media, graphic design or related field or an Associate¯s degree and two years of experience using content management tools.
- One year of current work experience with web design.
- Specific knowledge and experience using the Adobe Web Premium Suite and/or the software tools included in that Suite.
- Strong knowledge of web marketing.
- Experience utilizing social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to work within a team environment on an award-winning website.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments within the university.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new web design and development methods and technologies.
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail is essential, as well as strong skills in editing, proofreading, spelling and grammar usage.
Preferred Qualifications (desired, but not expected to have to enter job)
- Experience with developing and constructing web pages using ColdFusion.
- Practical experience with developing web applications that utilize relational databases.
- Two years of current work experience with web design.
- Experience designing web pages that meet established standards for accessibility.
- Prior use of a content management system.
- Demonstrated record of ongoing professional development.
Application deadline for applying is February 11, 2014. To apply for this position, applicants must submit their resume and application through the Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) Employment website: www.careers.state.mn.us/ Follow the directions on the MMB website to create and build your resume, which you can then use to apply for this position. Use the Requisition Number 14MNSC000032 to view and apply for the vacancy. Additional information on Southwest Minnesota State University can be found at: www.SMSU.edu
Southwest Minnesota State University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System and is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jbgmj2q