I was writing some test code for a query I am working with and I got the error: The column name "3a" is invalid. I was trying to run this line of code:
- qTest = QueryNew( "id, name, 3a" );
While "3a" might seem like a strange column name, that is indeed the name of a column (along with MANY others that start with a number) in an actual client database. It works fine when writing SQL statements:
... because I can use the [ ] notation: [3a]. I tried to use the similar notation in the QueryNew() method, but to no avail:
- qTest = QueryNew( "id, name, [3a]" );
This gives me the same error. I guess you can't simulate poorly named columns in QueryNew(). I would say that's a bug, but is it? If anything it's a flag that says "Don't name your columns with numbers."
Looking For A New Job?
- Expert Coldfusion Developer with extensive Microsoft Media Services expertise at Atprime Media Services
- Senior CF Backend Developer at Explosive Concepts, Inc.
- AngularJS Opportunities at Top Companies. Get Better Compensation & Culture! at AngularJobs.com
- 7 plus year CF Developer to assist live website at Atprime Media Services