Nylon Technology is having its 10 Year Anniversary party today!! (There's about to be mad amounts of BBQ chicken in my stomach!) I have been here at Nylon for a little over 4 years, so I like to think that I've had a little something to do with it being able to exist; but, the truth is, Jim Curran, Steve Gruschcow, and John Coletti have kept this company going strong from its inception 10 years ago, through the dot-com bubble burst, through the ebbs and flows of ColdFusion popularity, straight into the 21st century and the present day.
from the crowd: Bring out the strippers!
While I have had my problems with the company and it certainly has been a source of stress and wrist pain from time to time, overall it has been a great experience. Nylon Technology has helped me to become a much better programmer than I was when I got here, whether it be from co-worker learning, a huge diversity of projects and exposure, and the flexibility to do some independent learning. Hopefully, I can go from being a cog in the wheel to someone who can help to shape the function of the company and direct its future.
from the crowd: Take it off!
All right already, jeez!
EDIT: Image Removed.
Happy Birthday Nylon Technology!
Looking For A New Job?
- Full Stack Angular/Rails Engineer @ newly funded Health-IT startup at Dorsata
- Part-time remote DBA needed at Bridge
- Senior Developer Wanted for International Cloud Company at Giva, Inc.
- ColdFusion Developer - jQuery, PrimeUI, ORACLE DB at ComSpec International, Inc.
- Jr. ColdFusion Developer - Full Time / Telecommuting is ok. at InterCoastal Net Designs
Looks like one heck of a birthday party!
It was actually a really good time. Lots of food and relaxation. Even got to go on a speed boat. I love the smell of the ocean.