Rey Bango just told me some crazy fantastic news. jQuery v.1.1.3 was just released and is now 800% faster than its predecessor. And, through some black magic voodoo, they have managed to keep the file size at around 20K. According to Rey's site, here are some of the key features (I have removed a few of the less relevant):
- Increased selector speed by 800% without increasing the size of the library (still 20kb).
- Added a ton of new selectors.
- Improved the performance of our animations
- Revamped and overhauled event system
- jQuery UI - Our new initiative to build a whole new Drag & Drop library from the ground up with speed and extensibility taken into consideration
| || || |
| || |
| || || |
Looking For A New Job?
- Web Applications Developer/Analyst, Sr. at Oxford College of Emory University
- Lead Programmer 7+ Years Experience- ColdFusion/Expert Web Designer at AtPrime Media Services
- Senior Developer at Quality Bicycle Products
- ColdFusion Developer at WRIS Web Services
- Coldfusion Developer at Cavulus
I did not use JQuery by now. But I am downloading right now. Thank you. I Did not know about such.
You are gonna be really happy. jQuery is really pleasant to work with.
jQuery rocks! But 1.1.3 broke my fadeIn effect for some reason. I need to spend some time and figure that one out...
I would hop on over to Rey's blog (the first link in the beginning of this post) and post a comment on his entry. He is one of the promoters/developers of jQuery and I am sure he will be able to address this better than I am.
I see I'm not the only person who finds jQuery to be sexually satisfying.
JQuery is superb, but this new version causes Safari to crash. The 220.127.116.11 update hasn't fixed the issue either, so I've had to downgrade all my sites back to 1.1.2. It may be 800% slower, but at least it's stable cross-browser.
Julian, have you checked the bug status or mentioned this on the mailing list??
Jim, yes it's a known issue: http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/1331
Looks like it will be fixed in the next release, either 18.104.22.168 or 1.1.4
For the time being, I'm sticking with 1.1.2