Ugggg! It seems like every time I make a step forward with my code snippet coloring, I take two steps back :( For those of you who have ever copied my code from the pop-up window, you might notice that it works by sending along the starting index of the code snippet (as an offset within the context of the blog entry). Well, once I started color coding my code samples, the "formatted" and the "non-formatted" code snippets no longer lined up (since they were different content)
Well, back to the drawing board. I guess not many people use this (as no one has alerted me to it). But if you do use it, you are gonna have to bear with me while I figure out what to do.
Looking For A New Job?
- Full Stack Angular/Rails Engineer @ newly funded Health-IT startup at Dorsata
- Part-time remote DBA needed at Bridge
- Senior Developer Wanted for International Cloud Company at Giva, Inc.
- ColdFusion Developer - jQuery, PrimeUI, ORACLE DB at ComSpec International, Inc.
- Jr. ColdFusion Developer - Full Time / Telecommuting is ok. at InterCoastal Net Designs
Bugfix needed :). For such small piece of code
You know what would be cool?
Generate your code as Flash text using a sIfr method.
Its regular text that gets replaced on the fly with Flash. You can choose any font because it becomes vector graphics.
See technique here:
As a CF guy, you gotta be experimenting with Apollo, Flex, Flash and how they they can be used to improve the user experience. Well, you don't gotta, but it would still be kickass.
I don't know... I feel like sIFR is good for titles and stuff that might be really designed out; but for content text, I feel like this should be very vanilla.
But, I agree that I should be experimenting with Apollo and that sort of stuff. Need to broaden those horizons.