Running Multiple Instance of Homesite
Posted May 24, 2006 at 4:15 PM by Ben Nadel
It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen occassionally where I want to run multiple instances of Macromedia Homesite. Usually, when you try to launch it more than once, it just throws focus to the existing instance. But, I just found a great fix for that.
On http://www.wilk4.com/asp4hs/tips.htm, they had a registry edit that would allow multiple instance of Homesite to open. It's awesome. Sometimes I am looking in so many places at once, this is the only way I could hope to keep it under control.
Using RegEdit on windows, I just found the key:
and added the following string-value pair (STRING value):
- allowMultipleInstances = -1
What Other People Are Searching For
[ local search ]
allow multiple instances of homesite
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.
it worked, thank you!!!
This works with HomeSite 4.5 as well (the version I stayed with).
This is amazing, thank you so much, I've been looking for this for so long!!!