Here at Nylon Technology we have bi-weekly staff meetings where one of us gives a presentation on some sort of technology. I have gone a bunch of times and it is a lot of fun (although, with no projector or computer it's hard to come up with acceptable topics to talk about). This morning, I am going to give a primer on the ColdFusion query object. I am sure a lot of it will be review for these people (my co-workers), but hopefully they will learn a thing or two - doesn't that make it all worth it?
Here it is in Microsoft Word DOC format: CFQueryPresentation.doc
I have not had time to put it into a pretty HTML format. I doubt that I will, as much of what is discussed in the document has already been covered on my site previously (in better formatting with more fleshed out explanations). Enjoy!
Note: This is not a SQL presentation, but a discussion of the QUERY object itself.
Looking For A New Job?
- Full Stack Angular/Rails Engineer @ newly funded Health-IT startup at Dorsata
- Part-time remote DBA needed at Bridge
- Senior Developer Wanted for International Cloud Company at Giva, Inc.
- ColdFusion Developer - jQuery, PrimeUI, ORACLE DB at ComSpec International, Inc.
- Jr. ColdFusion Developer - Full Time / Telecommuting is ok. at InterCoastal Net Designs
Ben - thanks for posting this. I did learn something new. Didn't know you could use ArraySum to sum all the values stored in a query column. I've been doing it manually.
Hey, if one person learns one thing... then it was worth it :)
I wish great success a project.
Hey if you guys liked the paper version of the presentation, you should have seen the live show! it was superb! I even stayed awake for it! (damn early meetings)
Thanks for keeping this up, it helped solve a minor argument I was having.