Project HUGE has gotten off to a very slow start this year, despite it being a new year's resolution. In the month of January, I have worked out maybe 6 times. However, of those 6 times, I have felt pretty good about it. In fact, in one of the workouts I did some seated barbell overhead press (military press) which I have not done in probably a year or two due to shoulder discomfort. Over the last several months I have been making my shoulder stronger using dumbbells and rotator-cuff rehabilitation and was thrilled to be able to switch to the barbell without any pain. Of course I am very cautious, but this is HUGE progress for my shoulders.
Also of note is that yesterday I was doing some squatting and managed to work up to a set of 3 reps at 275 lbs (2 plates, 1 quarter per side). I was shocked to be able to handle that weight, especially since I have not really worked out hard in about two months. I think this is a good sign of things to come.
Looking For A New Job?
- Software Development Engineer - REQ20003869 at Express Scripts
- Mobile Application Developer at Xorbia Tickets
- 7 Year + Lead ColdFusion Developer at Atprime Media Services
- Full Time ColdFusion Developer Needed at InterCoastal Net Designs
- Developer-focused job platform at Honeypot