Project HUGE: Off To A Very Slow But Promising Start
Posted January 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM by Ben Nadel
Project HUGE has gotten off to a very slow start this year, despite it being a new year's resolution. In the month of January, I have worked out maybe 6 times. However, of those 6 times, I have felt pretty good about it. In fact, in one of the workouts I did some seated barbell overhead press (military press) which I have not done in probably a year or two due to shoulder discomfort. Over the last several months I have been making my shoulder stronger using dumbbells and rotator-cuff rehabilitation and was thrilled to be able to switch to the barbell without any pain. Of course I am very cautious, but this is HUGE progress for my shoulders.
Also of note is that yesterday I was doing some squatting and managed to work up to a set of 3 reps at 275 lbs (2 plates, 1 quarter per side). I was shocked to be able to handle that weight, especially since I have not really worked out hard in about two months. I think this is a good sign of things to come.
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.