I suppose that you could have page requests that ONLY need to send IN data, such as with a Session Heart Beat or something. In this case, you could avoid the overhead of OnRequest[End] processing. What is cool though is that you can output to the response buffer from within the OnRequestStart method so you could return data as well. Hmmmm, interesting.
Any one have any thoughts on how this could be leveraged?
Looking For A New Job?
- ColdFusion Developer at Digital Community Holdings
- Cold Fusion Developer at AIMG
- UK or Ireland Based Remote ColdFusion Developer at Tutuka
- Web Developer - ColdFusion at MegaPath
- Web Application Developer (Remote) at SiteVision, Inc.
The docs provide an example of this use; preventing access between certain maintenance hours:
It could also be used to deny access for certain IPs etc. In other words it's like a cfabort without the cfabort.
Excellent link. Thanks. That makes a lot of sense.
And once again, I run into a problem and think, "Wait a minute- I saw something like this on Ben's blog..."
Kinky Solutions strikes again :)