I just tried to make a more formatted email that gets sent out to subscribers that comments have been posted. It is so freakin' annoying. With all the talk about Web 2.0 and Rich Internet Applications (RIA) and amazing user experiences... why is Email still in the dark ages? Why is getting a paragraph to show with a bottom margin of 20px insanely difficult? If we want people's web experience to be amazing, why are they still forces to look at poop emails?
I understand that there are security issues. You don't want people running scripts in emails and you don't want someone letting young'uns look and inline nudie pics. But come on, haven't we gone too far? There has got to be a better way.
Looking For A New Job?
- IT Manager - ColdFusion/SQL web application developer at ARELLO
- DevOps Engineer at Linode
- Software Engineer at Linode
- Web Applications Developer (Remote / Telecommute) at SiteVision, Inc.
- Senior Application Developer at Fidano