I just wanted to give thanks to my man, David Ries, over at Edit.com for helping me set up Google AdWords. I have never worked with AdWords before and I had to set up conversion tracking information internal to a client site. I wasn't seeing anything useful in the documentation and contacted Dave, who works with Google a lot at Edit.com. He pointed out the fact that if you append this:
... to the destination Urls, it will get Google to automatically fill out the values in the curley brackets. So simple, yet so undocumented. Thanks dude!
Looking For A New Job?
- Full Stack Angular/Rails Engineer @ newly funded Health-IT startup at Dorsata
- Part-time remote DBA needed at Bridge
- Senior Developer Wanted for International Cloud Company at Giva, Inc.
- ColdFusion Developer - jQuery, PrimeUI, ORACLE DB at ComSpec International, Inc.
- Jr. ColdFusion Developer - Full Time / Telecommuting is ok. at InterCoastal Net Designs
Gotta Tell you great site! it's full of resources!
Got a question for you however in regards to google adwords,
I haven't seen any coldfusion examples for the Adwords API, and was wondering, if you are going to post it under the snippets section or if you're goingt o post the code for it at all?
The reason why i ask is I'm trying to setu- adwords for a client who runs a site in CF, and was just curious as to how you had it implemented.
Glad you like the site. To be completely honest, I hardly even remember doing the above post :) It was a one time thing and I haven't touched AdWords since then, so I can't be much help.
Sorry - maybe I can help next time :)
Thanks for the post! This would be of great help!