I finally took the plunge to replace my father's old lap top (which I inherited) with a new Dell Inspiron E1505 Centrino Duo. Before this I was working off of an ultra-portable, Fujitsu B-Series Life Book. I think the keyboard was like 3 inches wide, and for a dude with some serious RSI in the wrists, it was basically death every time I went to type. Not to mention that the thing maxed out on RAM at like 300 megs and didn't even have IIS :( Now, I am typing on a real sized keyboard and yes, it does have two FULL SIZED SHIFT BUTTONS! Come on fellow coders, how freakin' important is that??
So far, I am very pleased. It is much lighter than I thought it would be. The screen is a little dark, but I am sure I will be able to adjust that. The mouse pad is just OK, and the mouse buttons feel weird. But, they work, and I will most likely be using a standard mouse any time that I am on a table top. But it's crazy quiet! I can't even tell it's on unless I am looking at it.
I am just about to install ColdFusion Developers Edition. I have HomeSite 5.5, Fireworks 8, and I am just about ready to rock on.
Looking For A New Job?
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.