Tobe Goldfinger With An Excellent Debugging Tip
Posted August 16, 2006 at 2:11 PM by Ben Nadel
I email site errors to myself so that I can see what is going wrong on the server in "real time." I can't speak for anyone else, but I basically dump out my FORM and CGI scopes (among other objects) into an email attachment and send it on over to my inbox. I never gave it much thought. At the NY ColdFusion User's Group last week, Tobe Goldfinger brought up an excellent tip about this: make sure NOT to send credit card information via email. Imagine your site blows up during a checkout process and you dump out the FORM containing a user's CC info and email it without any sort of security. That information is now open to anyone who knows how to grab it. You can either remove the CC info before emailing it, or I suppose encrypt it before sending it out. Thanks Tobe!
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.