I am in the middle of implementing XStandard PRO for my site, bennadel.com. Believe it or not, I have been so busy with client that I haven't had the time to implement it for myself :( There is one issue that I have come across with what seems to be browser caching. It seems that even when I update my configuration files and refresh my pages, sometimes the changes don't seem to fully make it into XStandard. Also, sometimes the directory browsing seems to break even for browsing my own computer (which is not controlled by web services). I am not sure if the configuration files are being cached weird, or maybe the ActiveX object is being cached weird???
All of these problems are fixed when you close all of your FireFox windows and then re-open the page. So, a note to the frustrated: If stuff simply isn't taking place and the code looks perfect, try restarting the browser application.
And, just so you feel comfortable with XStandard (cause it is such a sweet-ass program), this NEVER happens during standard use, only when you keep loading the application while updating the configuration.
Looking For A New Job?
- Senior Web Application Developer at Fidano
- .Net Software Developer at Marketing Holdings
- ColdFusion Developer Position at AIMG
- Web Applications Developer (Remote / Telecommute) at SiteVision, Inc.
- ColdFusion Developer Role w. Opportunity to Learn and be Trained on Java at Right-Resources