At my company, Nylon Technology, us programmers are usually doing things commando; everyone sort of controls every aspect of their own projects. While I like having total control over my code, I have never liked that my ideas run mostly unchecked as I have neither the (billable) time nor the resources to bounce ideas off of. For my current project though, RecycleBank.com, we have four people working on it. Having just come out of a meeting, the difference in idea formalization is readily apparent. I'm suggesting ideas and the other developers are improving on them, or they suggest ideas and I can point out the "red flags". I already feel better about the next phase of this project. It's fairly amazing how much difference there is to be part of a team.
Looking For A New Job?
- IS Sr. Systems Analyst - Web Development at Nationwide Children's Hospital
- ColdFusion Developers Required at Lions Festivals
- Permanent Senior ColdFusion Developer Wanted at Kelaca
- Experienced ColdFusion Developer Wanted for CFWheels Application at F3G
- Web Applications Developer at Virginia Commonwealth University