I just got approved for Google Analytics on my site. I am excited because for one, I will get to see how people are experiencing the site. But furthermore, I am excited because I would like to start getting our clients on Google Analytics. Currently our clients use Urchin to view site statistics. I don't know much about how Urchin works underneath, but I can tell you that the interface for the Urchin system is just god-awful. It's not a matter of bad data, it's that the data is so hard to look at.
I was told that Google Analytics is actually powered by Urchin. I have no idea if this is true, but if it is, it will be really interesting to see how the Google-difference in interface will make viewing stats. My guess is that Google Analytics is going to be awesome. Now, it's just a matter of getting some good data in there so I can go and ooh-and-ahhh my boss and show him we need to show this to clients.... have them pay us to switch them over to a free service ;) ;)
Looking For A New Job?
- Mid-Level Developer - Remote at Meeting Play
- Cold Fusion Developer/Designer at BPO Elks of the USA
- 10 year + CF lead Programmer/Developer with expert dot net/sql skills at Atprime Media Services
- ColdFusion Developer (advanced) at Intoria Internet Architects
- Full-time, remote CF Developer for Motorsport SaaS Company at MotorsportReg.com