At the moment, I am not sure if the book is worth reading for a veteran web developer. But, then again, I do have 400 more pages to go.
Looking For A New Job?
- Advanced ColdFusion Developer at HD Web Studio
- ColdFusion Developer / Programmer at Blue Tangerine Solutions
- ColdFusion Web Developer (Junior or Mid-Level) at Pomegranate
- Full-Stack Software Developer at ClearPoint Strategy
- ColdFusion developer needed!!! at Ansira
That's interesting that you are reading it cover to cover and have found the process beneficial. I usually stay away from the bible style tech books, seeing them as more of a reference that I could just Google info. for instead. Maybe this one is different.
Student Organization Guy,
Good call. I remember the first time I needed to use a closure, the problem was I didn't know the concept existed and that it had a name. I'm sure going through a book like that will help fill in all your gaps.
Yeah, actually closure is a really crazy thing if you are not in the mind set to think about it. I had a "closure" eureka moment a few months ago and it still confuses me occationally.
Thank you for this support. It's clear, concise and helpful.
anyway it sounds interesting, i think i have to get the time to read it too. btw. i`m no veteran so it would be very usefull ;)