Posted July 10, 2006 at 9:15 AM by Ben Nadel
At the moment, I am not sure if the book is worth reading for a veteran web developer. But, then again, I do have 400 more pages to go.
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.
That's interesting that you are reading it cover to cover and have found the process beneficial. I usually stay away from the bible style tech books, seeing them as more of a reference that I could just Google info. for instead. Maybe this one is different.
Student Organization Guy,
Good call. I remember the first time I needed to use a closure, the problem was I didn't know the concept existed and that it had a name. I'm sure going through a book like that will help fill in all your gaps.
Yeah, actually closure is a really crazy thing if you are not in the mind set to think about it. I had a "closure" eureka moment a few months ago and it still confuses me occationally.
Thank you for this support. It's clear, concise and helpful.
anyway it sounds interesting, i think i have to get the time to read it too. btw. i`m no veteran so it would be very usefull ;)