A while back, I created CFHttpSession.cfc, a ColdFusion component that wraps around ColdFusion's CFHttp tag to maintain a session across multiple CFHttp requests. It does this by capturing returned cookie information from each response and sending it back with the subsequent CFHttp requests. As part of that blackbox, the CFHttpSession.cfc also handled sessions when the response headers requested a relocation. As Toby Reiter pointed out, however, my relocation was breaking if the response headers contained an absolute-relative link - one that starts with a slash. Example:
I had only been expecting relative locations (ex. ../../index.cfm) and absolute locations (ex. http://....). Now, I have added code that checks for the third type of location - the absolute-relative (ex. /sub-folder/index.cfm).
This new code can be downloaded from my new CFHttpSession.cfc Project page.
Looking For A New Job?
- Software Development Engineer - REQ20003869 at Express Scripts
- Mobile Application Developer at Xorbia Tickets
- 7 Year + Lead ColdFusion Developer at Atprime Media Services
- Full Time ColdFusion Developer Needed at InterCoastal Net Designs
- Developer-focused job platform at Honeypot