Kinky Calendar Leap Year Update
Posted March 4, 2008 at 3:37 PM by Ben Nadel
Just a quick update - Peter Bell pointed out to me that my ColdFusion Kinky Calendar system was breaking on my site. I took a quick look, and indeed it was. Oh No! So, I threw on my ColdFusion ninja suit and jumped into action. The problem was a little mysterious to debug, but I finally narrowed it down to a leap year problem. The leap year itself was not causing the problem; the problem was that I had some code that looked like this:
- (Year( start_date ) - 1),
- Month( start_date ),
- Day( start_date )
The problem here is that on February 29th of this year, the above code tried to create the 29th of last year. Of course, there was no February 29th of last year. This was an easy fix with some conditional logic.
Thanks Peter for bringing that to my attention. I have updated the Kinky Calendar project page with a new ZIP download.
What Other People Are Searching For
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.
Can you tell us which file (line numbers) were changed so we can update our copies?
Why not use DateAdd("yyyy",-1,start_date) ?
Thanks! Sometimes February has only 28 days :-)
It was the _functions.cfm file. It was several different lines for the month repeat and the year repeat. It's probably just easiest to download the ZIP and replace that function. Or, if you just want to swap out those case statements:
<!--- Repeat monthly. --->
<!--- Repeat yearly. --->
Hmmm, not sure. I think you might be on to something :) I love when I overlook the most obvious solution! Thanks Steve.
Thanks for the tip. I updated the code with your DateAdd() suggestion. Seems to work like a charm.
Thanks for the information ....
I have not gotten this thing to work AT ALL.
There is a request variable somewhere that keeps giving me an error
Please post a working copy without the request.dsn.username VARIABLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot post a version without that or none of it would work. I use that variable to pull data out of the database.