CSSRule.cfc Added To Projects
Posted February 5, 2008 at 8:13 AM by Ben Nadel
I have added my CSSRule.cfc CSS parsing ColdFusion component to the projects section of this site. Like I have said before, I love CSS - I think it's one of the best ways to model the visual formatting of rendered elements. As such, I really want to come up with a good, clean way to model and maintain CSS so that it can be leveraged in many different projects.
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.
Thanks for the blog, I found plenty of useful info here.
Just a note: CSS is not "one of the best ways to...", it is the only way!
Glad you enjoy. I think of CSS like the XML of display (as some universal data format).
CSS helps separating content from its presentation. Mix it with semantic markup and you have the perfect combination for the design of your website AND to make your content available to agents that do not care about the presentation layer: search engines and screen readers.
Avoid inline CSS as much as possible though.