Exercise List: Basic Page Template
Posted October 25, 2007 at 8:41 AM by Ben Nadel
Now that I have my database schema down and a solid understanding of the site design, I have created a very basic page template. At first, I was going to create a comprehensive template that included form styles, but I decided that would be overkill; form styles are not repeated in this application - they are used on one page only (for the most part) and therefore, I will just define them when I get to that page. This is NOT the best interface strategy, but it I am a fairly scattered and hurried person.
But, while I am not using the best upfront strategy, I am trying to apply all of the new concepts that I learned after reading Bulletproof Web Design. For example, you will see that all of my font sizes are relative to the parent container or browser text size. This will allow the application text and containers to scale in size when and if the user decides to change the browser's default font size. That was actually very difficult for me to do as it is a total deviation from the way I am used to thinking about layout.
The next step is to create the actual application...
What Other People Are Searching For
[ local search ]
coldfusion application demo
- Wanted: Full-Time ColdFusion Developer at Intoria Internet Architects
- Cold Fusion Senior Developer at Edge Information Management
- Back-End Web Developer-Information Technologist at Michigan State University
- ColdFusion Developer at Nonfat Media
- Mid-to-Senior Level Web Application Developer at SiteVision, Inc.